MSc Energy and Climate Change
+44 (0)7789 248432
Robert became Chief Executive of Greenfield (UK) in 2014, following an extensive career of civic/municipal energy project development and consulting covering a range of sustainable energy issues.
Robert’s skills and experience cover technical analysis, financial appraisal, commercial and strategic planning and project implementation.
Robert spent 10 years managing a regional consulting office for the award winning consultancy Verco (previously known as Camco). During this time he advised on low carbon design for major property developments, provided feasibility and implementation support (covering renewable energy generation, district heating and energy efficiency projects and programmes). He also supported a range of municipal authorities and international businesses on the development and implementation of energy/carbon management strategies.
Key areas of experience:
- Technical and financial viability and due diligence studies, covering various renewable energy technologies, energy efficiency, CHP and Heat Networks
- Project and programme implementation. Examples include:
– Managing delivery of over 600kWp of building mounted solar PV
– Procurement support for major Social Landlord Solar PV programmes
– Project Manager for £25m Heat Network project in Cambridge
– Project Manager for a detailed delivery review of a £40m Heat Network project in Haringey
- Investment programme planning including the following city-region programmes, which combined equate to over a £1bn worth of planned investment):
– Greater Manchester (Association of Greater Manchester Authorities)
– Leeds City Region (Combined West Yorkshire Authority)
– Cambridgeshire (Cambridgeshire County Council)
- Organisational energy/carbon management and compliance support, e.g. CRC, GHG reporting, CM strategy
- Sustainable energy planning policy and Low Carbon building advice